Monday, January 25, 2010

Modefabriek: day 2

After a quick limousine drive from the WFC I arrived at the RAI for the second and last day of the ‘Modefabriek’ (Factory of Fashion). What impressed me most was the Fashion Show from the ‘Cutting Edge’ and ‘Next’ area’s. I already enjoyed watching the clothes before the show.


A studded armpiece from silk dupion and leather took my attention immediately. Also a black leather dress, that was folded on the body and had no lining, from the Poland designer Maldoror, looked very special. During the show with supporting music everything came together and even more alive. The ‘Cutting Edge’ part of the show was the most raw and extravagant while the ‘Next’ part was more wearable.
Then there was a big jeans washlab. Stirred, scrubbed, laminated, ‘gunshot’, pressed, grinded and burn out denims seemed to be the next big thing in the land of jeans for next winter.


To protect myself for buying to many bags I didn’t allow myself to look at bag and accessory labels. Fortunately there was a small exhibition from the ‘Hendrikje’ museum with very special bags; like a poodle made of beads, a velours ninetheenth century clutch, a Swarovski dietcoke evening purse, a bag of peacock feathers and not to forget: the cupcake bag which one Carrie is wearing in Sex and the City. My creditcard was very happy with the protected window-glass between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment