Sunday, January 24, 2010

ALTER EGO


After painting her icons and fashion alter ego’s for many years at home, Mimi Nizan thought it was about time to expose her work to her audience. “It’s very exciting, I always paint for myself, but now everyone can see them!” Mimi gets her inspiration from her daily life, and favorite fashion magazines. “Of course I get influenced by the current fashion trends, but I never think before hand what the painting will be about.” The artworks show surrealistic Barbie’s, dark girls in unrealistic settings, with a feminine and rock & roll attitude. “My dream is that inspirational illustrators as Piet Paris or Laura Laine would buy one of my paintings, they’re only 300 euros, which I think is pretty affordable.”

You can view the art works of Mimi Nizan at concept store Mixt Baby, Ferdinand Bolstraat 145

WRITTEN BY: MIRJAM DE RUITER
PHOTOS: CORNE RIJNEVELD

No comments:

Post a Comment