Sunday, January 24, 2010

IT WOULD BE SO NICE


Rebellious, feminine, fun, raw and intense are words that describe the young generation Mylou Oord pin points in her photography. This fashion week FOAM museum feautures a series of photos by this 21 year old fashion photographer.

Pure photos of fashion icon Aynouk Tan are spread around the third floor of the museum. “FOAM wanted a collection during fashion week which was of the current, but also specific for their museum. Colette Olof had spotted me during a Blend portfolio night and approached me about this unique collaboration.” Mylou says; “Aynouk has been a friend for a long time, and during the special relationship we have, I’ve always taken photos of the most intimate moments we find ourselves in, some obviously posed, others just a snapshot.”
“It was exciting for us, to expose such a young artist. But after seeing her portfolio it was worth to take that risk, and I am glad we did it!” thus Colette Olof (FOAM).

“It is very overwhelming to see these photos of myself. I would never show images like this to others, but this is me through the eyes of Mylou.” Aynouk Tan reacts when just entering the exhibition. “Very confrontational to see yourself in so many different moods and situations, for me, every snapshot has its own story, and they now all come so close.” says Aynouk. But she looks very proud and compliments Mylou on her work with a big hug.



WRITTEN BY: MIRJAM DE RUITER
PHOTOS: CORNE RIJNEVELD

No comments:

Post a Comment